Re: some oddities with latest CVS HEAD Mutt

On 21-04-2007 10:14:38 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:

> Exactly the same here, some folders more than others (maybe because they
> have more mail arriving there), on both Cyrus and Dovecot IMAP servers.
> Sometimes it is even after closing mutt and starting it again that the
> mail is marked as new again.  Just like mutt forgets to mark it as
> read or something.  If you crash mutt (or kill it) I think the same
> happens, but then it's kind of logical to me.

I think I found out when this happens:

1. Open a folder with mail marked as new
2. Read the messages, and delete a few
3. Switch to another folder, or to the same folder
3a.Open the folder from 1. again if not already
4. Find all messages marked as new again

If I read all messages -- and nothing else -- and sync the mailbox ($)
then they appear to be marked as read, and keep on being marked as read.

Maybe the delete code interferes with the code to mark the messages as
read?  I don't have time/guts to look into the code to check this at the
moment.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level