=h in save-hook different from =h in tag-pattern
- To: mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: =h in save-hook different from =h in tag-pattern
- From: Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 09:08:45 -0600
- Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
- Dkim-signature: v=0.5; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=memoryhole.net; h=received:comment:domainkey-signature:received:received:date:from:to:subject:message-id:mail-followup-to:mime-version:content-type:content-disposition:user-agent; q=dns/txt; s=default; bh=8rUOpPjhkde6laLSTxoUeuD/GO0=; b=eD0tMD7MWmAtqQAJRPojyaSTrQh+Hv6Fp5jKOlUN5a8AkmqjMziP4/C2B7olC9JWaZYGphRnUj8VA4s4uPkXaouSgbidoWPx5d4SlqKn6q8vs41RhsMQB229RA0qsC/XHeUdusNzCdlHQLyjtNxhjW0LiqUKWbqNw5aXeCouCxY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=default; d=memoryhole.net; b=Z/JBkkXdiwN630qtQO6SdaSbHgAzHyaeikSD6CbxMxziA65NIpYX8buuKcaSi6KH7F78qr+00laUMuL76RwDcvTog9o9f/ZYTEl439iOoGodRLZYnQLij230aZcL80GRDxJQTHmLb+zSnWVZUkxBmt7u5M7s0w63Vhh+mA9pL4U= ;
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?Subject="Unsubscribe Mutt Dev"?body=unsubscribe>
- Mail-followup-to: mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.15cvs (2007-05-20)
I've been noticing this problem, and I'm not sure if I'm just doing it
wrong, or what.
So, I have the following hook:
save-hook "=h 'X-Spam-Status: Yes'" =Spam
I also have the following imap_headers set:
In a folder with a bunch of spam, then, I can do something like this:
<tag-prefix>=h 'X-Spam-Status: Yes'<enter>
And it will work just fine; all the spam will be tagged. But the
save-hook doesn't work at all, and is never triggered. The only way I
can fix my save-hook is to change it to this:
save-hook "~h 'X-Spam-Status: Yes'" =Spam
But in that case, mutt fetches the message from the server to check
out its headers, rather than realizing that it should have already
asked for that header like I told it to (i.e. from imap_headers).
Am I totally misunderstanding how this is supposed to work? Is this a
bug? What's going on?
Dealing with failure is easy: Work hard to improve. Success is also
easy to handle: You've solved the wrong problem. Work hard to improve.
-- Alan Perlis
Description: PGP signature