Re: some oddities with latest CVS HEAD Mutt

On 21-04-2007 05:56:16 +0200, Vladimír Marek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > [...]
> > > Sometimes Mutt seems to forget marking messages as read. Most of the
> > > time it works fine, but every now and then I read a newly received
> > > message, close Mutt, start it again, and the message I had just read
> > > still has the 'N' message flag.
> >
> > I could just reproduce this while running Mutt with `-d3'. However, I
> > failed to see where something might have gone wrong by reading the
> > debug log. I don't post it publically since it contains private but
> > relevant data. It's available on request; help is appreciated!
>
> The same is happening for me. Typically if I have mutt opened during
> night on INBOX, I read all the new mails, switch to different mail
> directory and switch back, INBOX contains all the files from the morning
> ~N again. However I don't want to blame mutt without proof (debug
> output).

Exactly the same here, some folders more than others (maybe because they
have more mail arriving there), on both Cyrus and Dovecot IMAP servers.
Sometimes it is even after closing mutt and starting it again that the
mail is marked as new again.  Just like mutt forgets to mark it as
read or something.  If you crash mutt (or kill it) I think the same
happens, but then it's kind of logical to me.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level