Re: What's needed for mutt 1.6? (Debian patches)

Hello Brendan,

 On Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 14:32:26 -0800, Brendan Cully wrote:

> Since this was never in an official mutt release, I'm inclined to
> remove the [$file_charset] compatibility variable.

    $file_charset was the only name for the $attach_charset feature
since years in Debian packages, in the current stable release, and until
the forlast unstable package. When a user Googles for good setting of
this variable, there are better hits with $file_charset than with
$attach_charset. There are surely many users impacted (me and my muttrc
included :). I would have kept the synonym.

    But it's not so important: The great news is inclusion of those
features! Thank you very much Brendan! :-)

    About charsets, please also take a look at my short summary here in:

| Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:34:31 +0200 (CEST)
| Subject: charsets (was: feature freeze?)

    AFAICS nothing has changed since then (appart from points 1 and 2
now committed). I'd still recommend inclusion of msyk.iconv-hook and
M_ICONV_HOOK_sanitize patches (points 3 and 4), and ask reviewers for
$unknown_charset and multiple_charsets (points 7 and 8). Pointers to the
patches are in the summary.

Bye!    Alain.
--
Everything about locales on Sven Mascheck's excellent site at new
location <URL:http://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/locale/>. The little tester