Re: What's needed for mutt 1.6?

Hello Dato!

 On Thursday, March 1, 2007 at 22:26:36 +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:

> Personally, I can't live without hr.sensible_browser_position [1]. It
> makes mutt remember the position in the browser when visiting folders.
> I guess this is a patch that is difficult to get in without an
> associated variable.

    You mean an on/off variable for the feature? I think such variables
are welcome when there is a choice between 2 sensible behaviours,
subject to user's preference, and this even if one alternative is much
"better" than the other (in the eyes of the majority). But for the
sensible_browser_position feature, there is only one good alternative:
Enabled. The other one doesn't qualify as sensible in any way, I think.

    No, what's probably awaited is a rewrite. The feature is great, but
the patch code is unfortunately not.

Bye!    Alain.
--
Followups to bug reports are public, and should go to bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
and the reporter (unless he is a member of mutt-dev). Do not CC mutt-dev mailing