Re: What's needed for mutt 1.6?

    Hi, Brendan Cully!

Sometime (on Thursday, February 22 at 19:31) I've received something...
>I intend to cut 1.5.14 this weekend. I'd like to make 1.5.15 the last
>proper dev release for 1.6 - that is, feature-freeze after
>1.5.15. So, I'd like to hear once again which patches everyone would
>like to see in 1.6 (and which patches people object to).

>On my list at the moment:
>I'll probably apply my ESMTP patch (*dons flame suit*)
>And I think the configurable umask patch is handy.

>assumed-charset might be a good idea too.

>I do not intend to visit the great config-var rename topic until after
>1.6 by the way. I think it would need too much time to deal with the
>fallout.

    When it will be time to include NNTP support into Mutt? It is very
stable for years (as old as century) and is need by many people so they
have to patch all Mutt sources by themself (and still no localizations
are available for NNTP because it's patch).
    Please, don't start any war again - using some sorts of external
programs (that are still mail<->news gateways) isn't efficient way to
work with NNTP due to many unavoidable restrictions.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.