Re: What's needed for mutt 1.6? (easy switching between local and

=- Brendan Cully wrote on Thu 29.Mar'07 at 18:53:25 -0700 -=

> > > I still can't quite figure out if you're reporting this as a
> > > bug or not. :) If you are, then how would you propose
> > > changing it?
> >
> > Seriously, the problem I'm facing is that I want to continue
> > using folder=(some local path here) for local messages on one
> > hand, and this requires me to type "c" and then the whole imap
> > path to browse folders. I find that a bit inefficient.
> > It's easier if you either use only IMAP or only local message spools.
>
> I should mention that mutt can tab-complete open IMAP
> connections or any IMAP paths in 'mailboxes' from 'imap:', which
> makes for much less typing. I generally set imap_passive (the
> default) and have a mailboxes line for the INBOX of each
> mailserver. This makes tab-completion of IMAP hosts pretty nice.

Why not use macros for each IMAP server you have?
I have 'A' as IMAP-introducer key, and then 1 per IMAP-server,
like Aw, Ar, Ai, ... -> <change-folder>imaps://.../
and then you can add whatever you want manually, incl.
tab-browsing as Brendan has described.

Oh, and can we please adjust the subject to better get an idea
what a sub-thread is about? Thanks. :)