Re: mutt/1296: iso date/time format by default

On 2005-09-30 09:46:13 +0200, Alain Bench wrote:
>  On Thursday, September 29, 2005 at 15:22:17 +0200, Vincent Lefèvre wrote:
>
> > Mutt's default is to use the locales. So, you're wrong here:
> >> Start a full default Mutt on a full default system: It talks English.
>
>     Default C or POSIX locale is US English,

Almost no users will ever see such locales. For instance, the Zaurus
comes with a Japanese locale (and it is a bit difficult to switch it
to English, since no terminal emulator is installed on it [at least
the C860] by default). When installing some Linux distributions, the
locale is the first thing the user is asked to set.

> so on such system Mutt talks English by default.

No.

> You missed the "*full default system*" part of my phrase.

No, you're wrong. The default system (but does this mean anything?)
isn't necessarily an English one; see the case of the Zaurus, for
instance. And IIRC, when I installed a SuSE a few years ago, it was
in German by default (before I could change the locale).