Re: mutt/1296: iso date/time format by default

On 2005-09-28 16:30:59 +0200, Alain Bench wrote:
>  Le lundi 26 septembre 2005 à 14:52:28 +0200, Vincent Lefèvre écrivait:
>     [current locale attrib]
> > the string shouldn't contain any word or should be language-dependent
> > to avoid mixing different languages in a same sentence.
>
>     Bof. This would probably lead to an ugly phrase, or to
> over-simplification.

I meant the date part of the attribution line: Instead of containing
the month in letters (possible abbreviated), the default date format
should contain the corresponding number, as in "2005-09-28".

>     [ISO-8601 attrib]
> > The format I'm using (latter case) would be the simplest solution.
>
>     But you use an ISO-8601 variant that is ugly. Simple, parsable,
> not needing localization, but ugly.

I don't find it ugly. And many people chose it on the web (e.g. on
the SourceForge tracker).

> Universaly readable, but not best adapted to anyone.

Anyway I don't think that there exists a format adapted to anyone,
in particular for the 24-hour format vs the am/pm format.

> I way prefer an English attribution perfect for English guys, and
> configurable for others.

Why English? Is English the laguage that is the most spoken?