Re: mutt/1296: iso date/time format by default

The following reply was made to PR mutt/1296; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/1296: iso date/time format by default
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:47:33 +0200 (CEST)

 Hello Rado,

  On Thursday, September 22, 2005 at 4:02:02 PM +0200, Rado Smiljanic wrote:

 > mutt is not only/ primarily used in US/UK, meaning the am/pm for hours
 > could be changed in favour of more widespread usage (i.e. 24h).

     How much the am/pm thing seems ugly to us, as a default setting it
 is consistent with other defaults and especially the English C locale.
 Anyone using another language has to change this anyway. I think it
 makes sense to keep 12h clock as default.

     Even out of defaults: In International places where English is
 spoken, I send a custom English attribution with am/pm time.

 Bye!   Alain.