Re: new 1.5.11 manual.txt

Hi Brendan,

 On Friday, September 30, 2005 at 11:29:26 -0700, Brendan Cully wrote:

> On Friday, 30 September 2005 at 09:14, Alain Bench wrote:
>> ``this'' to quote something?
> Wasn't this what was used before?

    Right. And init.h, manual.xml.{head,tail}, and muttrc.man.head are
full of such quotes. :-(

> I think it's a latexism, and I'd be happy to use xml entities for
> left/right quotes.

    I see! Latexism intended for source syntax, or for rendered output?
Whatever: It would certainly be better to totally get rid of those ugly
quotes. It recalls me the stupid way some guys output accented letters,
as 2 Ascii characters "e'" for the e acute "é".

> I don't see justified paragraphs in either manual.html or manual.txt.

    HTML is not, but manual.txt inside the 1.5.11 tarball is justified.
I can't check it rebuilt, as I don't have w3m nor xsltproc.

Bye!    Alain.
--
How to Report Bugs Effectively
<URL:http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>