"new" mail (was Re: mutt development status)

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 11:35:56AM -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 02:10:57PM +0100, Paul Walker wrote:

> > Maybe it's just me, but I actually quite like the fact that the
> > folder doesn't show up with new mail after I've opened it...

> In any event, one of my main points is that this behavior is
> inconsisntent between folder formats.  It's horribly bad UI design to
> have the user interface's behavior change based on the format in which
> the messages are STORED.

I don't know if this makes it better or worse, but with --buffy-size
enabled (to workaround the fact that my work's mail server has "noatime"
set), I see similar behavior to Maildir.

I agree that it's bad to have inconsistent behavior, and the best
scenario would be if this were configurable. Are you volunteering to
come up with a patch? :> All joking aside, how hard would it be to get
this to work with mbox? Is it just a matter of touching a folder when
leaving if there are messages w/ status "New" and the proposed option
exists?

--
)) <> ((
forever.