Re: mutt development status

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 02:05:15PM -0400, John J. Foster wrote:

> What about being able to search multiple IMAP folders simultaneously,
> preferably server-side?

That requires big changes to the server software and extensions to the IMAP
protocol, so it's a bit out of scope for mutt... ;-)

> What about NNTP?

Discussed, with viewpoints on both sides. Since nobody could agree on it
going in or staying out, I would guess that's why it stayed out.

> What about showing count of unread, as well as new?

That's insanely slow for mbox files. It could be done for maildir, I
suppose, if someone wanted to hack it together/

--
Paul, who should point out he's also not a mutt developer