mutt development status

looks like after the initial uproar after the "mutt-ng fork threat"
everything is almost back to business as usual: total stagnation.
in particular:
- no patches merged
- no patches generated
- no bug tracking system

it all boils down to thomas not having time to really maintain the damn
thing and doing the administrative work attached to it. occasionally
merging a patch with the requirement of it being close-to-perfect does
not qualify as real maintenance and does not motivate contributions from
the community.
so, thomas, unless you're satisfied with this situation, i think it
would be wisest to officially resign from mutt maintenance and hand over
to the mutt-ng guy (or somebody else, fwiw), possibly offering yourself
as a co-maintainer/consultant. sure, that would mean that some things not
to your liking are merged, and possibly the code quality suffers short
term, but in the longer run this step _would_ be to mutt's benefit.

so far my thoughts. no hard feeling intended; i'm in the same situation
with some of my projects (which [un]fortunately have less importance
than mutt, so nobody cares to apply for them).