Re: Mutt Next Generation

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:33:00 +0100, David Schweikert said:

> - asking for the password. Both commands can't ask for the password!
>   That's horrible, I don't want my Unix password in a text file in my
>   home.

Although I don't think that an SMTP AUTH password is really sensible
data (its only use is to avoid open relays), it should be pretty easy
to add asking for a password to those tools.  Either by piping it as
done with the crypto tools or by tweaking them to make use of pinentry
(ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/pinentry).  Mutt would only need a hook to allow
refreshing the screen in case of a curses based pinentry.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner