Re: Mutt Next Generation

* Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [Jan 26. 2005 12:32]:
> ok, I had a look.
>
> This is a fork based on the mutt-1.5.6 vanilla code base plus some
> patches.  It does not include many of the changes made to the CVS
> during the past year.
>
> Missing bits include:
>
> * The latest PGP/crypto integration code by g10 Code
> * generic spam filtering
> * send2-hook
> * Some bug fixes that went into the CVS.

How about release early, release often to get these things out to
people? I think we're really craving a 1.5.7 since some time, and maybe
go ahead and have a call for 1.6 bugfixes?

> What "muttng" does include:
>
> * nntp
> * smtp
> * header cache
> * Florian Weimer's optimizations.
>
> Personally, I don't think mutt should include either an NNTP or an
> SMTP client (but maybe I'm old-fashioned).  And I'm skeptic about
> header-caching maildirs.

But how about making them compiletime options then? Maybe the nntp
in particular is in the greyzone of things that might never belong
there, but the simple smtp client to enable mutt to use a relay-server
is something closely tied together to the client itself IMO.

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic