Re: ANNOUNCE: maildir header cachefor current development cvs (WAS: Re: [OT] I'm Just A Programmer and Re: ANNOUNCE: maildir header cachefor current development cvs))

Hi,

> The message body corruption could be fixed by stating the message file
> before or after opening it (which should be negligible overhead) and
> discarding/updating the cache when the file is newer than the cache.

Already done. See my homepage.

> If you have to touch anything explicitely, why not the directory? That
> way you will only have to stat the directory, instead of the directory
> and the special file.

Because I don't have the control of every tool which could 'touch' a
maildir. And stat of the directory returns only if a message has gone or
is new but not if someone has modified a message.

        Thomas