Re: ANNOUNCE: maildir header cache for current development cvs

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 12:24:46PM EST, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:

> > > At the moment I am working on the invalidate problem (drop cache if
> > > message was modified since cached). That involves stating each message
> > > on reopen, which is bad :-( hopefully not to bad.
> >
> > done. Updated version is on
>
> i just added to my TODO list that I stat the directory which contains
> the maildir message first and only when it is more recent than the cache
> entry I stat the file itself that should gain a lot of perfomance.
> Especially in maildir because there cur, new and tmp files. :-))

...but if you modify a file without modifying its entry in the directory
(changinng its mode, nuking it and recreating it, etc.), the directory's
modification time won't be touched :-(

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel