Re: ANNOUNCE: maildir header cachefor current development cvs (WAS:Re: [OT] I'm Just A Programmer and Re: ANNOUNCE: maildir header cacheforcurrent development cvs))

Hello David,

> Why don't you just make a special file in new/ and in cur/ and touch
> it every time you touch a message?  That way, Mutt need only stat(2)
> that one file to make sure its cache is up-to-date.  (Yes, this takes a
> bit of enforcement work, but if you control all programs that muck with
> your mail (which is probably good, anyway), it should be fairly trivial.

That isn't possible, because I don't have control of all programms
touching mutt users maildir - so no way.

> BTW - If you provide a reload-message-from-mailstore function (preferably
> with a better name), then you can cover even the remaining cases, as
> long as the user realizes something's wrong ... and as an added bonus,
> you'll also be providing a workaround for a whole ton of IMAP bugs in
> both Mutt itself and in the IMAP headercache patch :-)

I don't imap and imap mutt support enough. But it shouldn't be that
hard.

        Thomas