Re: The danger of macros (was Re: ^R / ^D and threads)

Hi,

Today, 5 hours, 49 minutes, 3 seconds ago, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
> If the underlying language weren't Scheme, I'd probably be running it
> by now.  I tend to prefer the approach of turning Mutt into a user-level
> fileserver (Plan9-style - I really like a lot of aspects of that system).

Then you might be interested in the GNU Hurd [1] and its mailbox
filesystem [2].  However, a filesystem is far from being as convenient
as a mail user agent when it comes to using it in the daily life.

So you should be more interested in the extensible Mutt.  As Allister
pointed out, it is not bound and tied to Scheme, so you might want to
plug your favorite extension language in.  :-)

Ludovic.

[1] http://hurd.gnu.org/
[2] http://ludo.humanoidz.org/hurd/README-mboxfs