^R / ^D and threads

<read-thread> (^R) seems to now move the cursor to the end of the
thread. If this is by design, is there any way to override this
behavior? Generally when I mark a thread as "read", I also want to
delete it (^D), and having the cursor advance is a problem, since I have
to go back to the top of the thread. I'd assume it would be easier to
work around this the opposite way (make ^R a macro for read-thread /
next-thread) than to have this change...

Maybe a configuration parameter for this (though I'm not sure what mutt
needs is yet more little configuration parameters).

Looking at the changelog, looks like this patch (from Anatoly Vorobey)
was committed 2003-09-03 at 17:09:09.

I guess if the change doesn't bother anyone else, I'll keep my mouth
shut.

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."