Re: [ga] LatinoamerICANN publica versión en españolde los Estatutos del ICANN

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 23:26:55 -0500, you wrote:

>Since I don't speak Spanish, I can't respond to this message.  It might
>be nice to have someone translate if the poster cannot or will not.
>Then, perhaps the majority of list members who are not multi-lingual
>could understand the text.

I'd just like to point out that the wide majority of Internet users who are
not multi-lingual could not even subscribe to this list, as they don't speak
English... Sorry, it seemed to me that your usage of "multi-lingual" gave
for granted that the first language had to be English, which is false. Apart
from this, I think that we also have to be practical and accept English as
the most commonly used language for global discussion, but please don't
forget that less than 10% of the world population speaks English, and that
posting in English is a significant additional effort for many of us - not
to mention speaking in English at physical meetings or even from a podium...
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...