Re: [At-Large] Fwd: ALAC Draft Statement :: Domain Monetization

On 2007-04-10 23:35:17 +1200, Franck Martin wrote:

>  It is not a domain name that does not solve that cause harm, it
>  is an unused domain name that solves, cf verisign solving any
>  domain names, just to tell people to register it...

There's a difference between sitefinder like techniques (which
essentially are about *centralized* monetization), and decentralized
monetization in which, ultimately, we are debating content that
people are serving from domain names do resolve and therefore are
used.

I would suggest that any policy considerations of domain name
monetization be limited to those cases in which business models are
relatively clearly abusing the existing framework by, e.g.,
exploiting grace periods.

--
Thomas Roessler   <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>