Re: Which spam filter do you use?

Hi,

Thus wrote Eyolf Østrem (eyolf@xxxxxxxxxxx) [07.10.05 06:54]:
> I've been using bogofilter ever since I first installed KDE/Kmail and the
> potentially hassle-free configuration of SpamAssassin led to constant
> crashes. I belive it has been solved by now, and in any case Kmail is
> ancient history, but I was wondering what experiences the list people
> have with various filters.

At the moment I'm using bogofilter, razor, pyzor, dcc, spamassassin
and clamassassin and the following procmail rules:

-snip--

SPAM=$MAILDIR/.Junk/
VIRUS=$MAILDIR/.Virus/

DCCPROC=/usr/bin/dccproc
BOGOFILTER="/usr/bin/bogofilter"
PYZOR="/usr/bin/pyzor"
RAZOR="/usr/bin/razor-check"
SPAMC="/usr/bin/spamc"
CLAM="/usr/bin/clamassassin"

:0 fw
| $BOGOFILTER -u -e -p

:0 e
{ EXITCODE=75 HOST }

:0:
* ^X-Bogosity:.(Yes|Spam)
$SPAM

# Razor
:0 Wc
| $RAZOR -conf=$HOME/.razor/razor-agent.conf

:0 Wa:
$SPAM

# Pyzor
:0 Wc
| $PYZOR check

:0 Wa:
$SPAM

# DCC
:0 fw
| $DCCPROC  -ERw whiteclnt -ccmn,10

:0 e:
$SPAM

# Spamassassin
:0 fw: $PMDIR/spamassassin.db
| $SPAMC

:0:
$SPAM

:0 fw: $PMDIR/clamassassin.db
| $CLAM

:0:
$VIRUS

-snip--

At the moment I don't get any spam/junk mail but sometimes some mails
from mailinglists (especially from the debian list) are in the junk folder.
But I also have to say that it realy takes some time till I get a mail.

> >From what I've read, bogo is quicker than the other contenders, but
> lets more spam through. While the speed was a concern in Kmail, since
> the filtering was done in the app itself, which meant that it was
> unresponsive for a while while the filtering was going on, that is not
> so much of a concern now, when that is taken care of by procmail. That
> leaves me with c. 10-15 spam mails a day that slip through (out of c.
> 150-200).
>
> So, should I switch? I'm quite happy with bogo, especially with the
> current setup with some macros I borrowed from an article in linux
> journal (I think it was), but I would very much like to hear what your
> experiences are in this respect.

I also read from a scanner called "crm114" in the linux magazine that
should be realy good, but never checked that.

> Eyolf

Christian
Key ID: 0x61E7150B - 4EFC 3FA6 FB8E 2BD5 CA11  6F15 F557 6B5D 61E7 150B

Christian Kuka
ckuka@xxxxxxxxxxx