Re: compose with mutt on a remote server

Kai Grossjohann <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 05:42:09PM +0200, mess-mate wrote:
|
| > Kai Grossjohann <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > | On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 08:30:12PM +0200, mess-mate wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > |
| > | OK.  Since mutt runs on your desktop, it will read the ~/.mutt file(s)
| > | from your desktop machine.  Copy them over.
| >
| > Do not change anything and where do i copy them over ?
|
| I think I misunderstood.  Can you explain again?
|
|   - You have a mail server.  It runs Courier.  Correct?

correct

|   - You have a desktop.  You run mutt on the deskop.  Mutt access the
|     mails via IMAP.  Correct?

correct

|   - Where is ~/.mutt?  On the desktop or on the server?

on the desktop

|   - What do you mean by "no longer works"?  It seems that there was a
|     time when it works, and now you changed something, and now it does
|     not work anymore.  Correct?  What did you change?

I mean with 'no longer works' that my ~/.mutt is no more considered,
no more used, when i compose or reply like at this moment, to a
message.
There is no smtp problem; the sendmail of postfix send the message.
I've tryed this:
I setted-up a virtual mailbox on the desktop, also /home/vmail/...,
to see what it does and yes the results are the same. So no matter
if the mailbox stays on a separate server or on the same desktop;
it seems a virtual question mutt can't use properly.
And this:
copied my ~/.mutt on the virtual what have no sense of course.

Nothing help.

mess-mate