Re: compose with mutt on a remote server

Kai Grossjohann <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 08:30:12PM +0200, mess-mate wrote:
|
| > Well..no.
| > I've a remote machine were i keep all the email's for all the users
| > (virtual).
| > From my desktop i connect with courier-imap to the remote server and
| > access my mailboxes with mutt. This works very well for reading but
| > when i compose or reply to a message my own send-hooks, signature
| > etc.. (~/.mutt) of my desktop no longer works.
|
| OK.  Since mutt runs on your desktop, it will read the ~/.mutt file(s)
| from your desktop machine.  Copy them over.

Do not change anything and where do i copy them over ?

| And since mutt runs on your desktop, it uses the mailer there.  By
| default, mutt invokes sendmail, so you need to configure that to send
| mail properly.  Alternatively, you could install msmtp and tell mutt to
| use it, and tell msmtp how to send mail.  (Using msmtp is what I do.)
| Or you could use the smtp client feature of mutt and configure the
| correct smtp server in mutt.  (I've never done this.)
|
| Kai

More exactly:
i've my ~/mutt on my desktop
The messages are kept on a server like this:
server.mydomain.com
                   /home/vmail/mydomain.com/mess-mate/ and here are
my folders
I login as mess-mate@xxxxxxxxxxxx and acess without any problem my
folders and can send messages.
But at that time my ~/.mutt is no more considered, so no more
send-hooks and wharever.
I've copied my ~/.mutt to
server.mydomain.com/home/vmail/mydomain.com/mess-mate, but it didn't
change anything with my own rigts an tryed also with the vmail rights.

Best regards
mess-mate