Re: compose with mutt on a remote server

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 05:42:09PM +0200, mess-mate wrote:

> Kai Grossjohann <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> | On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 08:30:12PM +0200, mess-mate wrote:
> |
> | > Well..no.
> | > I've a remote machine were i keep all the email's for all the users
> | > (virtual).
> | > From my desktop i connect with courier-imap to the remote server and
> | > access my mailboxes with mutt. This works very well for reading but
> | > when i compose or reply to a message my own send-hooks, signature
> | > etc.. (~/.mutt) of my desktop no longer works.
> |
> | OK.  Since mutt runs on your desktop, it will read the ~/.mutt file(s)
> | from your desktop machine.  Copy them over.
>
> Do not change anything and where do i copy them over ?

I think I misunderstood.  Can you explain again?

  - You have a mail server.  It runs Courier.  Correct?

  - You have a desktop.  You run mutt on the deskop.  Mutt access the
    mails via IMAP.  Correct?

  - Where is ~/.mutt?  On the desktop or on the server?

  - What do you mean by "no longer works"?  It seems that there was a
    time when it works, and now you changed something, and now it does
    not work anymore.  Correct?  What did you change?

Thanks,
Kai