Re: How to organize mail in folders?

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 11:18:54AM -0700, Brendan Cully wrote:

> it sounds a bit rube goldbergian to introduce a proxy that talks IMAP
> on one end and IMAP on the other.

Perhaps so.  Then again, some e-mail clients don't implement
IMAP support well, and Imapproxy caches the connection-related
data.  We used it to allow external access to an internal
IMAP server (with proper authentication) and it did a good job.
A regular proxy would likely have worked, but we found the
performance benefit helpful to the slower line speeds of
road warriors.

--
Gary Funck