Re: How to organize mail in folders?

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 12:57:10AM +0200, Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> I used to use Gnus which is a newsreader at heart.  Therefore the method
> to organize mail in folders ("groups" in Gnus-speak) was different from
> what I think I need with Mutt.
>
> I'd like to get some ideas from you how you organize your mail.

Thank you for all your suggestions how I might achieve the old behavior
with Mutt that I had with Gnus.  They are very useful.  But it's not
what I was looking for, that would be continuing war^H^H^HGnus with
other means.

What I'm looking for is some suggestions on how else I might organize my
mail, that fits more with what Mutt offers.  I think most of you face
the same basic situation as I do:

  - Receive personal mail and mailing list mail.

  - Have different strategies for handling mail depending on the address
    they were sent to (some mailing lists are less important than most
    personal mail, so we don't check for new mail there as often).

  - Want to archive a large portion of mail.

  - Want to have an overview of messages that still need action of some
    type.

  - Don't want the archive to interfere (too much) with this overview.

Right?  So what do you do?

tia,
Kai