Re: e-mail encoding/formatting (was Re: Split-screen mode in mutt?)

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 08:00:33AM -0300, John Cordes wrote:
>  Press ESC *first*, followed by Shft-C.

Thanks, this at least gave the prompts I expected, and wrote a copy
in the desired directory.

> > >     Both functions give you a text file with QP decoded, charset
> > > transcoded to current locale, HTML rendered, binary attachments deleted,

BUT, only the header line changed (from "Content-Type:  text/html;
charset="euc-jp" to "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=eucJP-ms").  The
body of the mail itself remains HTML in the copy:
        blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }

How do I get the HTML body to be saved as plain text?

Another thing that seems strange about this mail is that to view it
within Mutt I have to first press 'v', then enter; I can't just hit
enter on it from the index because the raw HTML is displayed.  When
I view the mail after hitting 'v', the status line says: "Command:
lynx -nolist -force_html -dump Attachment: text/html".  So Mutt thinks
the HTML part is an attachment?  Why?  HTML is all that's in the mail!

Any help much appreciated.

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba(dot)ne(dot)jp/(tilde)home/