Re: e-mail encoding/formatting (was Re: Split-screen mode in mutt?)

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 06:05:37PM -0400, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> Mutt stores all mail in "raw" or "undecoded" format, and decodes it
> every time you view it. So, saving mail to a file and then editing
> that file will show you the long =E2=80=99 form.

Is there a way to have mutt "save" mail decoded in a particular charset?
It would help to use native (vendor bundled?) tools if I could save most
or all mails in the same encoding as LC_CTYPE, ja_JP.eucJP in my case,
or possibly 7-bit iso-2022-jp.  (I don't see utf-8 happening here for
another few years, so losing a few characters won't make much difference.)

> Does that help?

Yes.  Probably the best post on this subject I've ever read.

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba.kcn.ne.jp/~home/