Re: e-mail encoding/formatting (was Re: Split-screen mode in mutt?)

 On Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 0:56:52 -0400, cga2000 wrote:

> when the message came back to me from the mailing list, the "ö" was
> rendered by an "=F6". Embarrassing..

    Your Slrn ml message is OK: It contains raw "=F6" and a CTE:QP, so
all mailers displayed this "ö" to everyone else.

> So I thought I should check the encoding that mutt generates just
> before my messages are sent

    Don't mess anything with that: It works OK. Investigate and fix the
munging on receive path instead.

Bye!    Alain.
--
« if you believe the Content-Transfer-Encoding, I've got a bridge to sell you. »