Re: 256 colors

 On Wednesday, September 13, 2006 at 1:16:06 -0400, cga2000 wrote:

> I still have "defbce on" in my .screenrc but have not had time to test
> whether it is necessary when running with Alain's terminfo entry.

    "defbce on" is still necessary. Or rather, it has to be consistent:

 - Either "defbce on" and TERM=screen-256color-bce
 - Or set defbce off, and TERM=screen-256color

    The principle is that defbce changes one thing in the behaviour of
the Screen virtual terminal. And apps running inside need a terminfo
entry describing it accuratly.

    Note that in simple default case (outside of 256 colors), GNU Screen
is smart enough to autoexport TERM to "screen" or "screen-bce" depending
on this defbce setting.

    My advice: All the real terminals you use are able to do BCE, right?
Then pick the full BCE enabled setup: Should work optimally.

Bye!    Alain.