Re: Printing messages - Setting fontsize.

* cga2000 <cga2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-09-06 01:12]:

> muttprint:
> ---------
>
> · on my box, instead of the proportional font I expected, it uses a
>   rather large fixed font with a little too much space separating the
>   letters.  Only headers and footers follow the font specification in
>   /etc/Muttprintrc.  Nothing like the excellent sample on the muttprint
>   web site.  So, I'm likely doing something wrong.

The example on the website is also a typewriter font. You can tune
VERBATIMNORMAL to use another font in the body. See the muttprint
manual. The FONT is only for the title.

> · I would prefer to use a pointsize of 8pts for the body of the message
>   but 10pts seems to be the minimum available size.

That's a LaTeX limitation.

> · The savepaper mode only works for A4 paper.

Well, it's only possible with paper formats that have a aspect ratio
of 1 : sqrt(2). letter hasn't, so there's always unusable space. But
you can send a patch to Lukas Ruf, the current Muttprint maintainer.

> · I didn't find the Penguin pic in the debian package

It's in a subpackage. http://packages.debian.org/unstable/graphics/ospics

Regards,
  Bernhard (original author of muttprint)
--
"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley:
        -- Jeremy S. Anderson