Re: Printing messages - Setting fontsize.

* cga2000 <cga2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-05-06 19:17]:

> muttprint:
> ---------
>
> · on my box, instead of the proportional font I expected, it uses a
>   rather large fixed font with a little too much space separating the
>   letters.  Only headers and footers follow the font specification in
>   /etc/Muttprintrc.  Nothing like the excellent sample on the
>   muttprint web site.  So, I'm likely doing something wrong.
>
> · I would prefer to use a pointsize of 8pts for the body of the
>   message but 10pts seems to be the minimum available size.
>
> · The savepaper mode only works for A4 paper.
>
> · I didn't find the Penguin pic in the debian package
>
> · apart from the font issues above, the presentation of the printed
>   document is very elegant.

Well, there *is* docs and a muttprintrc file which allows you to do
quite a bit of adjusting.

There *is* benefit to reading the man/doc pages, using google, etc to
try to solve your own problems.

> enscript: --------
>
> · if you care to dig .. seems to have lots of functionality .. maybe
>   too much for someone like myself who only rarely prints email
>   messages .. but then it's nice to know that these capabilities are
>   there if I ever need them.
>
> · the default presentation that materialized after I blindly pasted
>   Kyle's set command to my .muttrc is acceptable but I suppose this
>   could be customized.
>
> So I'm not sure which way I should go now.
>
> Is there any way I could switch between two (or more) print commands
> on the fly .. save issuing a ":set print_command" on the mutt command
> line, naturally ..?

again another answer you could have found eaily yourself.  All you need
to do is set keyboard macros or xxx_hooks.

> > For example, I used to send utf-8 encoded email to this mailing
> > list, but I got pounced on by some rather self-righteous people who
> > explained that utf-8 support is hardly the standard.
>
> Yeah .. but look on the bright side .. I'm sure these flames did a
> lot to make some folks on the list more aware and more curious of
> these issues.  Where I am concerned, they certainly did.
>
> > In any case, it only matters if you have $charset set to "utf8" and
> > set $print_decode, or don't set $print_decode and try to print a
> > utf-8-encoded email. That's a very small set of people.

grep charset .muttrc
set charset="utf-8"

> > That said, I prefer the way vim colors things. :)
>
> I only have a B&W printer but vim bolds some of the quote levels. I
> noticed that neither solution above does that.

Then you haven't done the testing you allude.
set print_command="enscript --word-wrap --margins=::: -f 'Times-Roman11' -F
'TimesRoman14' --fancy-header='enscript' -i3"

prints the quotes italicized

again: your earlier statement re: rtfm, applies.
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2