Re: Printing messages - Setting fontsize.

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 04:44:31PM -0400, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Tuesday, September  5 at 10:15 PM, quoth Bernhard Walle:
> > I think enscript is not utf-8 capable. So it's unusable on a modern
> > Linux system.
>
> Lack of utf-8 support hardly makes it *unusable*. Plenty of things are
> merely ascii text, and plenty of people can't handle anything more
> complicated anyway.

Oh, come on Kyle, that's not really true.  There are few systems in
existence today which can't handle at least most of the Latin-based
ISO standard character sets.

> For example, I used to send utf-8 encoded email to this mailing list,
> but I got pounced on by some rather self-righteous people who
> explained that utf-8 support is hardly the standard.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think anyone had any objection to your
use of UTF-8... It was your desire to use characters which don't exist
in the vast majority of the world's character sets which was more...
er... troublesome.

UTF-8 *is* the standard... or at least *a* standard.  Trouble is not
everyone likes to comply to standards, and there is still a lot of
crufty software out there.  We'll get there.  Maybe 2 more years.

-=-=-=-=-