Printing messages - Setting fontsize.

The default font that I come up with when I print messages from mutt
using 'P' <print-command> (set to lpr) is a few pts too large to my
liking.

What I currently do as a workaround is to 'e' -- edit the raw message
and use the Vim :ha (hardcopy) command, thus benefiting from my adequate
.vimrc pfn= settings.

Could anyone recommend something that would allow me to override cups
defaults (?) from mutt .. presumably by binding <print-command> to
something a bit more sophisticated than plain "lpr" .. or should I take
a look at my cups settings and see if there's any way I can change this
default font size ..?

Thanks

cga