Macro to save message to multiple folders

The other day I tried to write a macro to save the same message to two
different folders.  (I've since decided I didn't want to do that, so
this question remains only for curiosity).

Naievely, I wrote a macro that looked like this:

macro index <F12>
<save-message>imaps://../foldername<enter><enter><save-message>imaps://../foldername<enter><enter>
 "description"

However, when I tested it, what it actually did was to save this message
to the first folder, and the next message in the inbox to the second
folder.

I suppose I could have encoded a "previous-message", but that would have
failed on the last message in a mailbox.

So, what is the right way to do this?  Is the problem just that the
first save deleted the message, and using copy the first time would have
worked instead?

-Chip

--
====