Re: Printing messages - Setting fontsize.

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 07:38:41PM EDT, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> * cga2000 <cga2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-09-06 01:12]:
> >
> > muttprint:
> > ---------

> > · on my box, instead of the proportional font I expected, it uses a
> >   rather large fixed font with a little too much space separating the
> >   letters.  Only headers and footers follow the font specification in
> >   /etc/Muttprintrc.  Nothing like the excellent sample on the muttprint
> >   web site.  So, I'm likely doing something wrong.
>
> The example on the website is also a typewriter font. You can tune
> VERBATIMNORMAL to use another font in the body. See the muttprint
> manual. The FONT is only for the title.

Saw that .. and the penguin .. Thanks ..

> > · I would prefer to use a pointsize of 8pts for the body of the
> > message but 10pts seems to be the minimum available size.
>
> That's a LaTeX limitation.

Wasn't aware of that and never noticed since I never printed anything
with a fixed font in LaTeX.

> > · The savepaper mode only works for A4 paper.
>
> Well, it's only possible with paper formats that have a aspect ratio
> of 1 : sqrt(2). letter hasn't, so there's always unusable space. But
> you can send a patch to Lukas Ruf, the current Muttprint maintainer.

Another useful standard that's regrettably not supported everywhere ..

:-)

> > · I didn't find the Penguin pic in the debian package
>
> It's in a subpackage. http://packages.debian.org/unstable/graphics/ospics

Sorry .. should've added a smiley or something.  I was definetely
curious to see what it looked like but now I have seen it on your sample
page I can defintely live with .. I mean without .. it.

Thanks

cga