Re: Threading forwarded messages

=- Charles Killian wrote on Mon 24.Jul'06 at 23:33:29 -0700 -=

> However, neither the bcc nor the fcc (I did try it just now to
> make sure it wasn't special about fcc) work to get the message
> threaded with the one is a forward of. Mutt neither adds
> references/ in-reply-to nor uses a subject it recognizes as being
> part of the same thread.
>
> Does that make sense?

Yes, see "strict_threads" and use a "reply_regexp" that catches
"forward" tags in the subject line (even multi-lvls). See also
wiki-faq about threading when you switch strictness.

However, you're out of luck if it has tags at the end, too, like
mutt's default adding a trailing ']', because mutt offers no way
to catch the end of a subject line.

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.