Re: Threading forwarded messages

Thanks Kyle for responding.

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 12:22:49AM -0400, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Monday, July 24 at 10:55 AM, quoth Chip Killian:
> > Any suggestions?  I know I can manually join the threads, but it
> > seems like this should be doable automatically, at least for
> > messages I forward, or which contain simplistic changes to the
> > subject like fwd:.
>
> You could change the forward key into a macro, maybe. For example:
>
> macro index f '<enter-command> set record=^<enter><forward-message>'

Actually, getting the mail into the correct folder isn't a problem.  At present
I just Bcc my own email address, to get it to have the same procmail handling
my other mails do.  I add some headers in procmail which don't get added by
fcc.  However, neither the bcc nor the fcc (I did try it just now to make sure
it wasn't special about fcc) work to get the message threaded with the one is a
forward of.  Mutt neither adds references/in-reply-to nor uses a subject it
recognizes as being part of the same thread.

Does that make sense?

Thanks -
Chip

--