Re: Any way to assign mutt timezone?

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:00:53AM +0000, Byspel wrote:

> It's a stripped down version of Linux Slackware 10.2 (without the
> timezone package). Therefore, no /etc/TIMEZONE file...
>
> The reason I did not install the timezone package is that it is too
> bulky for my minimalistic install of slackware, which I employ on old
> hardware with limited resources.

So you don't want to install timezone info, but you want to have Mutt
display the correct timezone? You can have one or the other, but
probably not both. If you're really so concerned about running a
"minimalistic" install, surely you don't need anything so unimportant as
the correct timezone.

Taking a look at:
http://slackware.it/en/pb/package.php?q=current/glibc-zoneinfo-2.3.6-noarch-2

compressed size 280 K
uncompressed size       1870 K

Give me a freaking break.... are you trying to tell me you can't fit
that on your machine? What resources are so limited that you can't
manage to install it?