Re: Any way to assign mutt timezone?

* Byspel <by_spel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, 2006-05-28 09:38:21 Sun:
> Mutt automatically assigns timezone +0000 to my
> outgoing messages. I can't blame mutt for that,
> since I do not have the timezone package installed
> (and, for my own reasons, do not plan to install it).
>
> What I'd like to do is to find a way to tell mutt
> to set the timezone to PST (-0800) for all outgoing
> messages.

On my system, a working script looks like this (but the method
employed is in no way specific to Mutt):

    export TZ=America/Montreal
    exec mutt "$@"

But if you don't have "the timezone package" installed, whatever this
may be, I don't see why it would work.

Also, I don't think there is such a thing as "-0800"; the benefit of
telling your C library where you are rather than a simple time offset
is that daylight saving will be taken care of automatically. For
example, at this time of the year, the following location appears to
be in "-0800":

    $ env TZ=America/Anchorage date -R
    Sun, 28 May 2006 09:46:47 -0800

--