Re: Any way to assign mutt timezone?

On 2006-05-28 15:09:24 +0000, Byspel wrote:

> My only problem is that the time stamp mutt places on my
> emails does not reflect at all actual time. Take for example
> it was actually written, and therefore if you check the
> mutt-users archives, it appears to have been submitted hours
> before you wrote the message I am now responding to. The
> messages are filed accordingly, and it upsets the thread
> structure. It is specifically this type of thing that I am
> trying to fix. I do not know what places the time stamp on
> my outgoing emails. Whatever it is, I'd like to tell it to
> do it in a way that reflects the actual time they were sent
> out.

This is a symptom of a broken system configuration with respect
to time zones.  I'd recommend you (a) install time zone data on
your machine to teach the C library about them, and (b)
configure your system's clock accordingly.

If the command "date" when typed on a command line indicates
the correct time and time zone, then mutt will send out
messages with a correct time stamp as well.

--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.