Re: recent header-cache changes?

On Wednesday, February  8 at 10:51 AM, quoth Christoph Ludwig:
The imap_cachedir setting *is* documented in the manual:

   imap_cachedir
       Type: path
       Default: ""

       Set this to a directory and mutt will cache copies of messages
       from your IMAP servers here. You are free to remove entries at
       any time if space becomes an issue.

I suspect you have a somewhat more complex problem. Try compiling from a fresh CVS pull.

Thanks for the information, but I still cannot find it in the manual:

Sorry - I always forget that mutt’s manual and mutt’s man page are to very different things. That text above was from the man page, which is built from the contents of init.h

And I am still wondering how 'imap_cachedir' and 'header_cache' interact - why did opening an imap mailbox repeatedly take much longer compared to a mutt build from last fall until I set imap_cachedir? Or was this a side effect of Brendan's changes to the imap code that is now masked by the additional caching?

That I don’t know - might have to ask Brendan himself. I’m a fan of as much caching as I can get (though to be honest, I’m uncertain why I use both of them… imap_cachedir would seem to be enough to make header_cache irrelevant).

~Kyle
--
Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong.
                                                 -- John G. Riefenbaker