Re: recent header-cache changes?

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 09:09:04AM +0100, Christoph Ludwig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 07:24:09PM +0100, Michael Tatge wrote:
> > * On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 Christoph Ludwig (ludwig@xxxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> > > last weekend, I rebuilt mutt with the most recent sources from CVS. I
> > > kept my
> > > previous .muttrc.
> > >
> > > Since then the header cache seemts to be disabled. I tried purging the
> > > header
> > > cache, but the problem persists.
> >
> > well did you compile with --enable-hcache?
> > mutt -v |grep CACHE
>
> yes, I configured mutt with --enable-hcache:
[...]

I solved the problem, I guess, but I don't understand how...

I found an unset configuration variable named 'imap_cache' in the output of
'mutt -D'.
Unfortunately, this variable is not documented in mutt's manual. As soon as I
set it, the header cache worked as expected. (All files in the header_cache
directory and in the newly created imap_cache directory were created within
the last ten minutes, so the reactivation of the header cache is clearly
connected to the modification of imap_cache.)

Can anyone explain the semantics of the imap_cache variable, please?

Regards

Christoph

--
FH Worms - University of Applied Sciences
Fachbereich Informatik / Telekommunikation