keeping attachments as attachments, body as body

Is there a way to include a message's body in my
forwarded message while still keeping any attached
binary files as mime attachments?

I would have though unsetting forward_decode (with
mime_forward unset) would have done the trick.
What actually happens is that the attachments get
included in the message body.

When I do set forward_decode (with mime_forward
still unset) the attachments just disappears.

I then tried setting mime_forward. What happens
then is that if mime_forward_decode is unset, the
*whole* message gets attached to the forwarded
message; I don't have the body of the forwarded
message in my message.

If mime_forward_decode is set, then only the body
of the message gets attached and the binary
attachment get discarded again.

It seems like a pretty simple task so I'm thinking
the problem must be between the chair and the
keyboard...

--
JR