Re: Home and End key weirdness

 On Friday, August 5, 2005 at 8:20:52 AM -0400, John J. Foster wrote:

> With putty set as putty, I get:
> //may/home/festus # infocmp -1 | egrep "kend|khome"

    This means that putty entry exists, but is buggy. I recall some old
version of terminfo had a [find]/[select] replacing [home]/[end] error.
Not root? You should correct this entry:

| $ infocmp > putty.orig.src
| $ sed -e "s/kfnd/khome/" -e "s/kslt/kend/" putty.orig.src > putty.src
| $ tic putty.src

    This should create ~/.terminfo/p/putty entry, taking precedence over
the system one. Or download the latest terminfo source, the entry has
been enhanced since then.

> //may/home/festus #
> festus@may:~//may/home/festus #
> *** Note the difference in $PS1

    What happens? PS1 embeds a spurious escape sequence that gets
interpreted differently?

Bye!    Alain.