Home and End key weirdness

I mailed this yesterday - but it never showed up. So, here goes again.

Good afternoon all,

I've been using Putty (from work) and SSH (from home to connect to my
ISP shell account for reading mail for about a year now. All was fine.
About 2 weeks ago, the ISP suffered a major hardware meltdown, and ended
up not only replacing the "shell" server, but also upgrading it from RH9
to Fedora Core 3. Ever since that time my Home and End keys have not
functioned properly in Mutt using Putty.

:exec what-key shows the following after pressing Home or End:
Char = ~, Octal = 176, Decimal = 126

I've sent them an email asking if they knew what might be causing this
behavior, but they have chosen not to respond, probably because of
another nasty one I had sent complaining of my new found inability to
use screen anymore. ("You're running into our daemon reaper.  This isn't
going to allow you to leave your sessions detached anymore.")

Back to the point, is there anything I can do as far as individual rc
files in my $HOME to compensate for this?

All suggestions are truly welcome.

Thanks,
John
--
Contrary to the lie machine, the world is not safer.