Re: how to reply to mailing list address by default?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 01:05:39PM +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> (Oh, and the right function to use for replies to mailing list
> messages is really group-reply, with $honor_followup_to set. ;-)

Not true... since then if the message's sender hasn't set a m-f-t header
(usually the case), you will reply to everyone CCd instead of just the
list. Use list-reply all the time instead - list-reply does honor m-f-t
if set.

The thing that's stupid about m-f-t is that mutt is basically the only
even remotely popular mailer that honors / generates it... the draft for
it never became a standard (either officially or unofficially).
Personally, I think it's a battle that has been lost.

I also don't like that you can't directly edit m-f-t with $edit_headers
set - there are times where you might want to alter this by hand... I
don't agree with the theory that mutt always does the Right Thing here.